|Photo credit: Silent Shot|
Growing up we went to church “every time the doors were open.” That meant twice on Sundays and once on Wednesday evenings. I never questioned why we went; I simply did as I was told, believing that regular attendance was a necessary part of being a Christian.
Reasons Why I’ve Attended Church Over the Years
- My parents made me go.
- “It’s what I do on Sundays.”
- I felt guilty for not going.
- To be part of something bigger than myself
- To attain Godly wisdom & understanding
- To encourage & be encouraged by other saints
- To serve those in need
- To teach children about God’s love for them
My Shifting Feelings
The Church’s Purpose
- To evangelize (Matthew 28:18-20)
- To build up/edify/encourage the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- To unify the saints (Ephesians 4:13)
- To know Jesus (Ephesians 4:13)
- To become like Jesus in every way (Ephesians 4:13,15)
Ultimately, the purpose of the Church is Christ:
15 Rather, B)’>grow up in every way into him who is D)’>from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!